The state of Odisha is known for its rich tradition of handlooms and textiles, and the weavers play a crucial role in contributing to this heritage. To support the weavers and enhance their productivity, the Odisha government has introduced the “Mukhyamantri Bayan Jyoti Yojana.” Through this scheme, the government aims to provide essential electrical equipment like fans, tube lights, and inverters to the weavers, ensuring uninterrupted work even during power outages.
Objective of Mukhyamantri Bayan Jyoti Yojana
The primary objective of the Mukhyamantri Bayan Jyoti Yojana is to empower the weavers in Odisha by providing them with the necessary electrical equipment. The scheme aims to:
- Enhance the productivity of weavers by providing them with the required lighting and cooling solutions for their workspace.
- Ensure continuous production in the weaving industry, even during power failures.
- Improve the health and well-being of weavers by reducing physical strain on their eyes and exhaustion caused by inadequate lighting.
- Increase the earnings of weavers by enabling them to work more efficiently and for longer hours.
Benefits and Features of the Scheme
The Mukhyamantri Bayan Jyoti Yojana comes with several benefits and features:
- Weavers will receive an electric kit comprising a fan, tubelight, and battery-operated inverter, ensuring a conducive working environment.
- The scheme aims to benefit approximately 45,000 weavers in Odisha within the next five years.
- The application process is entirely online, eliminating the need for weavers to visit government offices.
- The Odisha government has allocated a budget of Rs. 80 crore for the successful implementation of the scheme.
- The Directorate of Textiles will be the nodal agency, and zonal offices will be responsible for implementing the scheme.
- Weavers can work during night hours, leading to higher productivity and increased income.
- The entire cost of the electronic unit will be borne by the Odisha state government, ensuring a hassle-free experience for the beneficiaries.
Eligibility Criteria for Beneficiaries
To be eligible for the Mukhyamantri Bayan Jyoti Yojana, weavers must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a resident of Odisha.
- He/she should be a bonafide weaver or a full-time worker in the weaving industry.
- The family’s annual income should not exceed Rs. 3 lakhs.
- At least 50% of the total income of the applicant should come from weaving activities.
- Only one member from an eligible family can avail benefits under the scheme.
- The applicant should not have received similar benefits from the state or central government previously.
Financial Assistance Under the Scheme
The financial assistance provided under the Mukhyamantri Bayan Jyoti Yojana includes:
|Electrical Equipment||Cost (in INR)|
|Ceiling Fan (35 Watt)||3,000|
|LED Tubelight (20 Watt)||700|
|Inverter (650 VA)||3,500|
|Battery (12V, 100AH)||10,000|
|Wiring and other expenses||300|
Necessary Documents for Online Application
To apply for the scheme, the following documents are required:
- Weavers ID Card or a certificate proving the applicant is a bonafide weaver.
- Aadhaar Card
- Income Certificate signed by the concerned Tahasildar
- Self-declaration stating that the applicant has not availed similar benefits earlier
- Self-declaration stating that the applicant will not sell the items in the future
- Bank Passbook Copy
- Email ID
- Mobile Number
- Passport Size Photograph
Prioritized List of Eligible Beneficiaries
The scheme prioritizes the following categories of beneficiaries:
- Widow, destitute, and divorced women
- More than 50% handicapped individuals
- Scheduled Tribe (ST) applicants
- Scheduled Caste (SC) applicants
- All applicants above the age of 40 years
- Remaining applicants
|Priority Category||Eligibility Criteria|
|1. Widow, destitute, and divorced women||Women who are widowed, destitute, or divorced are given the highest priority.|
|2. More than 50% handicapped individuals||Individuals with a disability of more than 50% are next in line for the benefits.|
|3. Scheduled Tribe (ST) applicants||Applicants belonging to the Scheduled Tribe category are also given priority.|
|4. Scheduled Caste (SC) applicants||Applicants from the Scheduled Caste category are considered in the priority list.|
|5. All applicants above the age of 40 years||Individuals above the age of 40 years are given priority to support their work.|
|6. Remaining applicants||Applicants who do not fall under the above categories are considered in this category.|
How to Apply Online for Mukhyamantri Bayan Jyoti Yojana
To apply online for the Mukhyamantri Bayan Jyoti Yojana, follow these steps:
- Go to the Official Website:
- Fill in the registration form with your full name, mobile number, username, email, and set a password.
- Submit the registration form to complete the registration process.
- Log in using your credentials and proceed with the online application for the scheme.
For any queries or assistance, please contact:
Odisha Department of Handloom, Textile and Handicraft Helpline Number: 0674-2322785.
The Mukhyamantri Bayan Jyoti Yojana is a commendable initiative by the Odisha government to uplift the weavers and promote the growth of the handloom sector in the state. By providing essential electrical equipment, the scheme empowers the weavers, enhances their productivity, and ensures uninterrupted work in the weaving industry. With the online application process and dedicated financial assistance, the state government strives to improve the lives of the weavers and preserve the rich heritage of handlooms in Odisha.